Monday 9 November 2015

Fiction Adaptation: Script

As discussed in my first fiction adaptation post about my chosen poem, I already had many ideas and plans for my film.

My original idea has changed slightly. While the basis will still be witnessing a girl in her bedroom breaking down over loving someone that doesn't love her, it will focus on her obsession with her ex boyfriend instead of a man who isn't aware that she exists. I decided to make this change when I began writing the script. I realised that it allows the slow twist in the plot to be less obvious in the beginning, as I want it to be revealed later that this young woman isn't in a relationship and is simply obsessed with this person. By changing it to her ex boyfriend, I can make the idea of her having pictures of him on her wall for example, seem less unusual in the beginning, and also allow the audience to have more sympathy for her.

To narrow down each part of my script in-line with each segment of the poem, I created a script in the style below...


This simplified the process for me as it's clear which shot/part of the scene is influenced by which line in the poem. This was also a good way of creating a draft, as I improved on certain areas slightly and added parts when creating my dramatic version of the script.

I think aside from being as descriptive as I could for my actress, I'm the only one that can see the vision of my film clearly before shooting due to it's drama and heavy focus on her actions rather than her saying lines. However, I think I've described each part well and interpreted the words of the poem in my own unique way.

The script PDF is below...




No comments:

Post a Comment