Friday 20 November 2015

Fiction Adaptation: Workshop Film 'Fear'

After attempting to test different slow motion techniques and learning about montage techniques. I decided to base my workshop film on the theme 'fear' and create a montage that consists of two separate scenes and a variety of shots, that allows the audience to put the story of domestic abuse and an accident together, and the woman's fear of getting caught.

My shot list in preparation of filming...



I also incorporated the use of slow motion into the film for testing for my poem adaptation. I deciding on using post-production slow motion, meaning that I filmed in in 25fps, and then slowed it down in Final Cut.

The last physical feature I added to the film was the use of heavy colour. By using red to define the scenes of danger, and using a cold blue to define the fear that the woman is feeling and the eeriness of after the incident. This will also influence my film due to the use of costume colours - for example the actress wearing a red shirt that signifies passion, love, and anger.

I also added dramatic music over the film to create more drama and a fearful atmosphere.

Overall I think that this has been good practice for my poem adaptation and while I struggled to get a large variety of shots, I'm happy with the end result.




No comments:

Post a Comment