Thursday 19 November 2015

Fiction Adaptation: Update

Casting Issues & Resolution
After posting a job for the character in my film on Casting Call Pro, I had three applicants by the time of my scheduled audition date, Monday the 16th of November. All of which matched what I was looking for, a history of working in dramatic roles, slim build and within the specified age. I was able to schedule one face to face audition at the studios and two Skype auditions. However on the day of auditions, my first Skype audition failed to respond to me and both my in-person audition and second Skype audition cancelled last minute. All of the auditioners failed to respond at all when I attempted to reschedule the auditions.

I was hoping to have cast my actress on Tuesday, however I now needed to keep searching. So thanks to another course member, I was added to a Facebook page for acting students of UCA on Monday night, where casting directors such as myself and others on similar courses, post job advertisements. Here is the link to page UCA BA (Hons) Acting & Performance.

From this, I had four responses in one night from interested actresses. While two of which unexpectedly failed to respond after their first message, I was able to schedule two Skype auditions with Farnham acting students for the following day. I was finally able to carry out both auditions, and cast my actress on Wednesday. I decided on a young woman named Nicoletta who had the look I was going for and was able to deliver a great emotional performance during a very limiting Skype audition, she also seems to be very enthusiastic about the film and the poem.


Script Update
After receiving feedback on my script from my tutor, advising that I create two scripts, one with the poem included and one without, for my actress to look at both. I took her advise of doing so and making the poem more clearly represented as post-production on screen text in the poem-included script. I also made the location and presentation of the character more descriptive to give my actress more information and inspiration for her role.

I feel that my final script is a large improvement on my draft script:

Love Ambitions Script - With Poem


Schedule
I now have everything organised and in place. My schedule is...

  • Monday 23rd November: Photoshoot at my own house in Maidstone for prop pictures of characters Dawn and Ben from when they were a couple. I will be using Jordan as Ben (with the approval of my tutor) and Nicoletta as Dawn as stated earlier.
  • Tuesday 24th November: I will be buying the props that I have previously talked about and printing the pictures from the photoshoot.
  • Friday 27th November: Shoot day. I will be filming in the spare bedroom of Jordan's house (dressed to look like Dawn's bedroom) using Nicoletta as my cast and Harry and Jordan as my crew. I will be filming my script in the daylight and under the lights of the room once it is dark outside.


Call Sheets
Below are the call sheets I sent my actress today for the photoshoot and filming day. I have calculated how much time I will need for both days.

Photoshoot Call Sheet

Filming Day Call Sheet


Next Steps
Other than the tasks listed in the schedule above and writing about them, my next steps before filming are...

  • Creating a storyboard for preparation
  • Creating a shot list for preparation and for on set
  • Poet & poem research
  • Other adaptations research


No comments:

Post a Comment