Monday 24 November 2014

Unit 1: Story-telling: Project Update

I have officially, completely finished my work for this unit, excluding my post after this where I shall upload my final cut and reflect on it. Other than that, the only thing left to do is submit my work tomorrow.

I have made my final touches to my script, including adding scene numbers, reformatting the way the on-screen texts are displayed in the script, used slightly less dialogue in one scene so that more of the story can be told with actions and so that Aiden's speech won't give away too much of the story, slightly changed the last scene to be more suspenseful, and added a 'THE END' to neatly finish it off.

I'm very happy with my script, I think it has a lot of ups and downs and can make the reader really invested in the characters. There's a lot of suspense and emotion that I think would make an audience intrigued to find out how the story ends. So I am very please with my feel good ending, as my script is of a drama/romance genre, and it's been filled with so much tragedy, the characters and the audience deserve to get a happy ending.

I've never written an entire script before so I think I've learnt a lot about how to format it correctly and write each part to be very effective. I did this by using a lot of emotive words and putting the most descriptive words in capitals. If I could improve I think it would be to have stronger dialogue, I think I need a bit of practice with writing effective speeches and conversations to draw the reader in a bit more. But overall, I'm very happy with how my work for this unit has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment