Friday 21 November 2014

Unit 1: Story-telling: Post-Production

Presenting my rough cut of Cell to my course leader really helped me. He thinks I've got a strong film and gave me a few tips to improve on it for my final cut. I was looking forward to finding out what his thoughts and opinions were on the film. I think my final cut looks much better than my rough one because of them. I've made changes like brightening up some clips, adding some more shot variations in scenes where I could and adding the title at then end.

The only decision I've had a problem with since getting his advice is the music in the last scene of the film. He thinks it's more effective without the music coming back in, whereas after comparing it with and without the music, I think that the scene feels more emotional and tragic with the vocalist's haunting voice bringing the film to an end. So I've decided to make one version with the soundtrack at the end, and one without. Then he can compare and give me his final opinion on it tomorrow.

Also, something that may dramatically change my work is that Cell is currently 2 minutes and 18 seconds long. That's far from the 2 minute limit we were given. So I've also made a THIRD copy of the film that is exactly 2 minutes long by cutting down the soundtrack on the program 'Audacity', and cutting down my clips before the crash. I'm still happy with it, but I feel that the extra 18 seconds in my original cut allowed me to make the film a lot stronger. So hopefully, after looking at all three copies (sorry) of Cell, he'll be able to tell me which is the strongest and why...unless the first two are obsolete due to their length.


No comments:

Post a Comment