Tuesday 26 April 2016

Professional & Critical Practice (Commission): Critical Reflections

I found this unit to be extremely effective in learning to work for a client and the process of creating a film for someone else, along with learning about how to create a promotional video as opposed to a fictional film.

What I would improve on
I found that the only technical hitch that occurred during the day of filming was a lack of memory space on the camera's memory cards and having to have a crew member retrieve my laptop to upload the footage recorded during the day, clearing the space. So I now know to always bring my laptop to a shoot with me in case this issue occurs again.

I would like to create more promotional videos or documentaries for companies in the future, to gain further experience of working for a client and making a project under someone else brief and directions. Alpha Weapons Academy and I already plan to work together again in the summer on projects I am yet to be briefed on, so I can gain further experience of this soon.


What I've learned / What worked
Aside from one technical hitch, I found the process of this unit to flow extremely well. Having found Alpha Weapons Academy through a friend joining their classes, I decided to get into contact with them and observe a day of classes. The process from there was simple, with a schedule of meetings arranged, great communication and a simplistic but clear envisioned brief from the client alongside allowing me to have creative control, everything ran smoothly.

I feel that by reccee-ing the location and observing the classes before planning, then followed by extensive research and planning for the shoot, I was able to conduct a day of filming that was scheduled and structured. Filming was an exciting new challenge due to improvising shots and movements based on the class's actions and activities, yet successful with a wide variety of footage captured.

The end result of the promotional video has turned out to very successful and meets the brief of what my client needed and wanted to promote themselves. I think we worked extremely well together and this work has prepared me one step further to work in the television production industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment