Monday 25 April 2016

Professional & Critical Practice (Commission): Script & Meeting

When planning the script for Alpha Weapons Academy's promotional video, I kept my prior research of promo videos and documentary style in mind.

The process of creating the first version of the script involved...
  • Creating a documentary style script template when referring back to my previous scripts and my promotional video research
  • Deciding on the beginning, middle and end of the script
  • Deciding where to place sequences, interviews, voice-over, GFX and the soundtrack
  • Deciding on camera shots for each scene
Once the script was complete, I highlighted the areas that I was unsure that Dave (the head instructor) would agree with and highlighted areas that I was unsure of the details, such as class or member names. I then added notes on what certain terminology means, such as GFX meaning graphic, and the script was prepared for my pre-production meeting with him.

Script version 1


In my meeting with Dave we discussed each individual scenes and feature of the script and fixed any unclear parts. He was very happy with the order of scenes and the overall approach. My next step was to send him the questions that I planned to ask in interviews, to create a shot list based on the script and film the following week.

Here is the final scripted decided on after the meeting...





No comments:

Post a Comment