Monday 25 April 2016

Professional & Critical Practice (Commission): CV, Showreel & Website

Reflecting back on securing my commission job with Alpha Weapons Academy, I decided to help my chances by updating my CV, creating a showreel of my work and creating a website to advertise myself to the company. I found that it made communications with the company a lot more professional as I had a new and up to date CV to send them, a showreel that allowed them to view my previous films and roles and a professional website that summarises this.

With help from a workshop beforehand, I completely transformed my CV to fit with a television industry layout and appearance, removed unnecessary areas, summed up areas that were too long, added key information about my studies at university and my website address. The end result was a huge improvement...




In the next step of promoting myself, I created my showreel. Consisting of what I felt were the strongest and most story-telling moments of each of my films created while at university. I decided to keep the edit simple, clean and modern, to not draw focus from the films featured.

My Showreel


Lastly, I created my website using Wix. Similar to my showreel, I went for a sleek and modern appearance, keeping the focus on the content rather than GFX or dramatic colours and fonts. I decided the most important parts of the website needed to be...
  • The home page that features my showreel
  • A page of my individual work
  • My CV to be viewed
  • A contact page for anyone that wants to discuss my films or CV further
I think the end result appears very professional and works as a great portfolio...


Website screenshot

Website address: www.meganwaters21.wix.com/portfolio

I think it's extremely important to have a publicised and up to date showreel, website and CV as it allows for companies to reach out and allows for me to have plenty of material to send to an employer when applying or interviewing for a position. I also think creating these materials gave me a professional persona when viewed by Alpha Weapons Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment