Sunday 25 January 2015

Directions Unit: Script Draft

A few days ago, I finished my draft script. As my introduction and two sequences will all be put together as one film, I have created one script. It's currently simply called 'Untitled Screenplay' as I have yet to come up with a name that fits the story as well as David Fincher's trends of how he titles films.

As the dialogue sequence was written by my course leader, I needed to interpret it in my own way. I made some small changes to the lines themselves, such as "I'm a director" becoming "I'm being directed right now" due to thinking it's best that my main character remains as simply a drug addicted loner, rather than one who directs films on the side.

I gave the dialogue scene between Mara and Rick a bit of a sarcastic tone to it. As it takes place over a drug deal, I thought I should present it in a small talk manner, where Mara comes across ascold and impatient. I think it also gives the scene a slightly dark humour to it, which is how I think Fincher would want to spin it. I also like that it seems like Rick is humouring her when she sounds slightly crazy, talking about how she's being directed and everything's planned.

I'm very happy with my script as I think I've managed to come up with quite emotional and effective sequences that really suit Fincher's style, and that I managed to make the dialogue sequence my own. I will most likely make some changes to my final script but overall I think my draft has gone well.

You can find the script in the link below...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6qva89crfliu6j/Untitled%20Screenplay%20by%20Megan%20Waters.pdf?dl=0


No comments:

Post a Comment