Friday 4 November 2016

Professional Pre-Production: Opening Sequence Shot List & Further Planning

In the lead up to filming my opening sequence, I have prepared in the following ways; I have created a thorough shot list, bought and gathered props & costume, created some drawings of certain shots in a storyboard style, and have made a preparations list for the day before filming and the morning of filming. I feel that it's incredibly important to clearly plan out a shoot, as improvising shots may present themselves on the day amongst shooting, but a shoot can't run smoothly and in detail without a plan.


Shot List

Below is my shot list for filming, I've used a template that I created and have used so far for every filming project in my studies. I will refer to my shot list in the planning of the shoot, but most importantly on the day of the shoot. Using the shot list to keep myself on schedule, I can film according to daylight and location, as well as provide my crew with insight on the what will be shot on the day of filming.



Sketches

Lacking in time to create a full storyboard, I decided to create a small amount of sketches of two before and after shots within the opening sequence. I think this allowed me to decide on shot types and angles, colours, lighting and the overall appearances of these shots.



Preparations List

Below is my list of preparations, this list will keep me on track for when I need to have certain equipment, props and costume created and gathered in order to complete my planning and set up on time.




Due to the creation of the above documents and planning, I feel ready for filming next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment