Tuesday 24 February 2015

Directions Unit: Website

I've almost completely finished my website. The only thing left to do is add my final cut (yet to be completed) to the 'video' page.

I'm proud of my work on my website as I think I've managed to make it very detailed both in appearance and in the information it gives. For inspiration I looked up all existing websites of David Fincher films. The most helpful ones that I found were the Gone Girl website and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button website. As these were good to work off of in both layout and information.

For example, the Gone Girl website has a synopsis page, the page gives just enough information to get an audience interested in the film without giving too much away. Another example is the main page layout on the Benjamin Button website, it starts with an introductory page that allows you to click 'enter website'. I think this gives some excitement to the site.

I also worked off of these websites to see what kind of features are included on a 'movie website'. As a section of my site is about my film, I found these extremely helpful in getting that section to have the most professional information on the film and appearance as possible.

As the website's main focus is on David Fincher, I needed a lot of researched information. I of course have studied him a lot for this unit, but I needed to gather all of it up. By looking back on my blog posts about him, using IMDB for information on both him and his films, watching videos about him and looking up biography websites, I managed to get a very detailed David Fincher website.

I'm really looking forward to 'unveiling' my website once my final cut of my film is done. Until then, here's a screenshot...


No comments:

Post a Comment