Monday 2 February 2015

Directions Unit: Preparation

I've been preparing for my film for a long time. By choosing a director, doing a lot of research on him, thinking of and writing up my idea several times, creating my characters, deciding on locations, creating my script, casting actors, listing props/decor and costume, purchasing props/decor and costume and thinking up my shots in my head. But obviously I need the latter on paper. So I have started a shot list.

I find them extremely helpful to have for planning before filming day as well as to make sure I've got every single shot I need on the day. The shot list will be done by tomorrow night as I already know exactly how I want every shot in every scene. After that I may create a simple storyboard for extra help in bringing my vision to life.

I oddly love creating shot lists!

The shot list for my first scene (not including it's flashbacks)...


No comments:

Post a Comment