Monday 11 January 2016

Professional & Critical Practice: Commission

I have chosen to create a commission based film for this unit as the idea of working with a business to create and edit a promotional video in the style that they desire will be brilliant practice for me when working with others in projects such as this.

I was recently made aware of the re-branding of a martial arts fitness club in Maidstone due to someone I know becoming a member. The company is called Gorillas, and having looked into their classes and discussing the club with a member it seems that this company has a lot of potential for a fantastic promotional film. The fitness club takes on a large variety of members, including children, young men and women, older generations and people with disabilities. The club has a wide variety of martial arts classes that the public can take at the same time as the focus being on getting fit. With these film-worthy qualities to promote along with them being in the process of re-branding, it is the perfect company to use for commission.

I am currently in the process of setting up a meeting with the manager of Gorillas, as I have contacted them today and was told this is perfect timing for them to have a promotional video and they will be happy to meet with me and discuss this soon. So I'm feeling positive that this could be the start of my commission planning.

Assuming that the manager says he would definitely like the go ahead with the film, I will be discussing with him the type of promotional video that he would like the company to have and what he would like to be included, however I already have some ideas of what could be featured that I plan to pitch to him...

  • An interview with the manager and other staff
  • Brief interviews with a variety of willing members
  • Footage of a number of classes (with permission from the members)
  • Shots of the building, logos, interior etc.
  • Actuality shots of interactions between staff and members

Company logo:




















Company website:

No comments:

Post a Comment