Saturday 30 January 2016

Studio Production: My Job Roles

For the Teach 'Em A Lesson studio production, I applied for the job role of Promotions & GFX Producer & Vision Mixer. My reason for doing so is that the job allows me to be heavily involved in the branding and promotion of the show, along with the appearance of the shows' GFX features, and allows me to gain further experience in film production when putting together the trailer and opening titles alongside the Promotions & GFX Director. Due to wanting to be an editor as my career path, this also allows me to gain further editing experience through editing the trailer and opening titles and gives me the chance to expand on this by gaining experience in being the vision mixer for the production.

In my job role I will be...

  • Working with the Producer, Studio Director and DOP (Director of Promotions) to produce the promotions and GFX.
  • Working with the Producer and Studio Director to produce the Style Bible - then make this available for everyone.
  • Researching trailers and opening titles for the production of our own.
  • Organise photoshoot of the presenter for the promotional poster and liase with Producer, Director & DOP in the creation of the poster.
  • Create the concept for the trailer and opening titles and produce the script, locations and cast & crew Then provide the DOP with the details, schedule & script to direct and shoot the two pieces.
  • Edit & produce the trailer and opening titles.
  • Undergo workshops for the role of Vision Mixer, have the rehearsal of this role in production rehearsal and undergo the role of cutting the live camera shots & GFX under the instructions of the director in the production.

The current tasks I'm taking are a combination of creating the Style Bible alongside the Director & Producer and beginning work on the content of the trailer and opening titles as these are currently needed the soonest and extremely important to be organised and then completed quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment