Tuesday 30 September 2014

Unit 1: Story-telling: Steve Coombes

We were introduced to the writer Steve Coombes today. He's written for shows like New Tricks, Outlaws and Lovejoy, to name a few. He certainly has an impressive history of being a writer for 25 years as he told us.

I found him talking to us helpful as we got to hear about what it's like to be a writer - the good and the bad parts - first hand. I like that I've got more of an insight into the industry now.

The part of today that I found particularly helpful was the 'moments' topic. Simply put by him, as a writer, you want your script to have at least one moment that the audience will always remember. It's made me really think about trying to create an effective and memorable moment for my 'unit 1: story-telling' script. I'll continue to work out what my moment/s could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment