Friday 5 December 2014

Unit 2: Chosen Director

On Tuesday 9/12/14 I will be giving a presentation on my chosen director, including a biography of their work, their key stylistic and narrative aspects to their work and why I have chosen them. Up until then I will be making entries about the director, my ideas and my thoughts for the unit.

For our directions unit I have chosen to use David Fincher. The director of films such as Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Se7en, Gone Girl, Zodiac, and Panic Room. In all honesty I haven't seen the last three films on that list, so I shall be watching and studying them this weekend. The other films however, are some of my favourites and I consider them to be fantastic pieces of work.

Although I can't use Brad Pitt for my work (as Fincher loves doing), I am really looking forward to creating sequences with such a dark, edgy, yet touching feel to them.

David Fincher

No comments:

Post a Comment